Did you know that 50 to 70 million Americans suffer from chronic sleep disorders?
Types of sleep disorder are:
2) Psychiatric Disorders: There is no evidence that sleep disorders are a cause of psychiatric disorders. But sleep and psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia and depression are closely related.
3) Stress: If high levels of unwanted stress are not properly managed, your health and sense of well-being can suffer. Therefore, it is important to learn how to manage stress.
4) Menopause: Approximately 75%-85% of menopausal women experience hot flashes, which can last for five years. Hot flashes and sweating can make it difficult to sleep.
5) Pregnancy: The hormonal changes and physical discomforts associated with pregnancy can affect a pregnant woman’s quality of sleep.
6) Aging: Regardless of your age, good restorative sleep is essential to physical health and emotional well-being.
7) Snore: Although snoring can be harmless, it can also be a sign of sleep apnea which occurs when the tongue falls back into the throat during sleep and blocks the airway. Untreated, sleep apnea can contribute to excessive daytime sleepiness as well as an increased risk from high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and driving accidents. This life-threatening condition can be treated in the dental office with a custom-fitted oral appliance.
If you snore, wake gasping for air, or show other signs of a sleep disorder, you may need a sleep test. Request an appointment or call our office at (925) 939-9177 to schedule a personal consultation during your next visit.
Save $100. off the procedures that are not covered by your dental insurance. You must bring this printed E-MAIL for discount. Some restrictions may apply. Call us for details.*drzarekari My shared items in Google Reader Buzz greatsmilesarehere.com walnut creek dentist blog walnut creek invisalign Walnut Creek Dentist Blog California Dental Association Contra Costa Dental Society Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce Mehri Zarekari, DMD
Mehri Zarekari, DMD