You Should Know:
- Oral cancer often starts as a tiny, unnoticed white or red spot or sore anywhere in the mouth.
- It can affect any area of the oral cavity including the lips, gum tissue, check lining, tongue and the hard or soft palate.
Other Signs Include:
- A sore that bleeds easily or does not heal
- A color change of the oral tissues
- A lump, thickening, rough spot, crust or small eroded area
- Pain, tenderness, or numbness in the mouth or on the lips
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing or moving the jaw or tongue
- A change in the way the teeth fit together
Regular Dental Check-ups Important
Regular dental check-ups at Walnut Creek Dentist
office of Dr. Mary Zarekari
includes an examination of the entire mouth, are essential in the early detection of cancerous and pre-cancerous conditions. You may have a very small, but dangerous, oral spot or sore and not be aware of it.
Request an appointment
or call our office at 925-939-9177 to schedule a personal consultation during your next visit.